Saturday, January 21, 2012

Riding loaded

First time I have been sore from 20 miles of pedaling other than during Pisgah death marches.  Jessica decided today she wanted to finally break 20 miles on the bike, which I was unaware of until partway through the ride.  I chose to put 60lbs of kettle bell and toddler paraphernalia in the bags on the Xtracycle while towing the trailer with Christopher in it, my guess was just shy of 100 lbs of extra crap.  Bike handled it great but that weight mixed with some killer wind defintally took its toll, was also wishing I threw on some bike shorts.

Jessica impressed me though, I gave her a few chances to bail when she was hurting but even once she started cramping she chose to keep going and get to 20 miles...but I miss-calculated and she actually ended up with 21.5.

Good times were had, went to check out the movie "Gasland" which was fantastic btw and almost lost my bike to some shady people.  If it was not for me locking the rear wheel to the frame behind the freeloaders the bike would have been gone, they cut the main lock around the frame/bike rack and stole my gloves, jacket (which was inside the building) head lamp and multi tool.  I plan on getting a chain that is on par to the fahgetaboutit from kryptonite once I have the cash.  Which brings me to the point, if you ever walk into a bike shop and ask the sales guy if the lock is really made of kryptonite, I promise he is fighting the urge to slap you...or at least not to laugh hysterically in your face.


No comments:

Post a Comment