Wednesday, January 25, 2012

One hell of a January

What a month so far.
Incredible weather, trails, people, city
I have pedaled probably 80ish miles with Christopher in the trailer already this year
Meet some damn fine like minded people with a similar obsession to bicycles
Jessica has had her farthest ride on the bike so far and later that day she wants to add another 10 miles to it.
Great job with people I enjoy working with
My body seems to remember how to pedal again, did a very hard 3 hour ride (climbed for 2.5hrs) and felt pretty good. Next I want to do my first century of the year within the week, and then do one every month for the rest of the year.
I can see Pikes Peak everywhere I go in this city
Jessica is behind me on the idea of training to do the Colorado Trail Race this year if fitness comes together like I hope.
It is amazing how much fun you can have being completely broke, especially when you do not have to go into work for an entire month. Sad it has to end in Feb but there are still plenty of good times to come, just not as concentrated as this month has been.
Found a dollar at the park today with Christopher as well, the optimist inside decided to use it to buy a lottery ticket, here's to hoping the unlimited time with family does not have to be spoiled by that work stuff.





No comments:

Post a Comment