Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Eleven Mile Reservoir

Went to explore Eleven Mile Reservoir on fat bikes so two firsts for me and two things I have wanted to do for quite a while.  It was my first time to ride a fat bike (actually rode 3 different ones, Mukluk, Pugsly, and Moonlander) and it was my first time getting to explore islands in the middle of a lake by bike.  There was quite a lot of snow on the ice so traction was not a big deal and the fat bikes handled the snow well, although the crusty stuff was hard going.  I think everyone felt like a child again, I have never had so much fun ridding on a completely flat surface, this actually is one of the cooler rides I have done in quite some time so big thanks to Allen, Al, and Tim for coming out and putting it together.  Also a big thanks to The Hub for letting us take out their fat bikes, I think they even took one of their new ones and turned it into a demo for this ride so that was very cool of them.

Tim wrote this up:  http://www.pikespeaksports.us/video/the-men-of-ice-take-to-eleven-mile-reservoir

These pics all come from Allen Beauchamp


No comments:

Post a Comment