Sunday, January 3, 2010

When the Inevitable Happens

Hope you have a company like SRAM willing to go over the top to keep their customers happy.

We went on a pretty cold ride today at the ridge, good times despite the 20deg. temps.  All was well, felt surprisingly good bike handling wise considering I have ridden nothing but CX bikes for about 3 months until this ride until my ride was cut short by a good sized stick that managed to find its way into my spokes.  Somehow it not only trashed my derailer hanger, but also the cage on my derailer was bent badly, the chain had a few bent links and also (this is what blows my mind) the derailer was pushed so hard into the cassette that it broke a tooth of my 11 tooth cog and bent my 34.

I was pissed and swearing off geared bikes and finally calmed myself down and thinking logically.  Realized I could just order a new cage and not entire derailer and that tooth wasn't important anyways and I was also able to straighten the 34.  I checked quality the next day and they don't stock the x-9 derailer cage I need to fix my derailer so I call SRAM to see if I can buy one from them and they were out of stock but offered to send me an X-O cage for free.  Now I am realizing why I sold all my shimano for SRAM a while back.  A few day pass and finally a package from SRAM shows up at the shop and those bastards sent me a brand new X-O derailer for free, this is after I told the guy on the phone a stick is what trashed my derailer in the first place...nothing warranty at all.  Go, run to your LBS and buy everything labeled SRAM because those guys rock.

My Skutt for the last 3-4 miles



















Waiting to re-group

No comments:

Post a Comment