Thursday, December 31, 2009

ahhh Rollers...

Yep,. as exciting as it is my first post about a training ride is gonna be about me on rollers.  Fun I know but I should have something better for you in a couple days.  Just bored and want to play with my new camera some.

How I ride indoors is by no means scientific but since I have a short attention span the longest I have lasted on rollers so far is about 40 mins so to make the most of it I will basically push as big of a gear at a decent cadence until I start to blow (3-4 mins) recover a bit and do it again.  It typically leaves me feeling it the next day and I don't have to stay on the damn things all day.

Key points from todays roller session...

  • A properly adjusted saddle angle will make me a MUCH happier person
  • Finally mastering getting to your bottles while riding also makes things much more enjoyable...damn near died once though...
  • Riding indoors will never be exciting but it does provide one hell of a workout
  • Keep kittehs and girlfriends away from you while riding rollers...they tend to look at you like "WTF Mate"
My "pain cave"  exciting isn't it...



No comments:

Post a Comment