Tuesday, January 12, 2010

First real snow ride in Knoxville!!!

Finally, I can't believe it has finally happened but we got enough snow in Knoxville for it to have some "decent" accumulation.  So after work I decided to hop on the Gunnar and ride from basically Harpers to Hastie Park and back for a little mixed terrain action.  The ride was great, the snow reflected so much light that on the greenways I just shut off my lights entirely and only turned them on for road sections to avoid becoming a hood ornament.  There was maybe 1 1/2" of snow most places on the greenway and singletrack.

Highlight of the day was ridding up a hill on sevierville pike that a truck accompanied by the expected rednecks were having a hard time getting up....when I asked if they needed some help the responded with a short and quick "NO"  Ahh, I can't wait for the day the masses realize using a 4000lb vehicle to move 200lbs of human makes no sense at all when all you really need is a sub 30lb bicycle to handle the vast majority of peoples trips.  Anyways here some pics from the ride as pictures are always more exciting than me going on and on about daily nothings....





1 comment: