Sunday, September 23, 2012

Pikes Peak by Bike

Nate killed it on the SS tall bike

The Troll gave me a workout today and handled it much better than I did.

You can see the hurt on my face but damn it was worth it.
Finally got to ride up Pikes Peak, we started at Crystal Reservoir which gives you about 13.5 miles and a little over 4k ft of climbing.  Everything above timberline hurt pretty bad but was very much so worth it.  I started to cramp around 13k ft, Nate on the tall bike was hearing the birds talking to him telling him things like "good job", "keep going" and then Mike crushed us the whole way up.  Coming back was without a doubt the coolest road descent I have ever done and this was one of the most rewarding times I have had on a bike ride.  Great times indeed.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! Nate's ride was the most impressive since his tall bike was SS and the mountain kicked my butt although I did have a great time.

      Delete